Lactation consultants are the backbone of breastfeeding support. They are knowledgeable, experienced and empathetic toward the new mother’s needs. A good lactation consultant is worth her weight in gold (and much cheaper than buying formula for a year!).
We have compiled a list of board-certified (IBCLC) lactation consultants that serve the Chicago area. This listing is not an endorsement of any particular professionals; it is simply a resource list. Be sure to do your homework and interview before you hire! Most, if not all, of these lactation consultants should be able to provide you with a superbill to submit for insurance reimbursement from your provider. More on insurance reimbursement of lactation expenses here.
- Breastfeeding and Parenting Solutions (Patricia Berg-Drazin. RLC, IBCLC, CST) Website: www.breastfeedingandparentingsolutions.com email: firstname.lastname@example.org phone: 800 LACTATE/ 800 522 8283 Serving: Most of Chicagoland: As far north as Zion/Benton, as far south as Hyde Park, and as far west as Palatine Services: lactation consultant, certified craniosacral therapist, trained in lymphatic drainage and visceral manipulation.
Nurturing Transitions: Lactation Consultation and Birth Doula Services (Marcia Barritt CLC, IBCLC, RLC, CD (DONA), ICEA ICD ICCE, LCCE.) e-mail: email@example.com, phones: (262) 782-6814 H. # and (262) 853- 6267 C.#, Specialty area: general breastfeeding support, establishing milk supply, returning to work, first few days after birth, planning your birth to ensure breastfeeding will go well, telephone counseling and home visits with mama and baby, independent breastfeeding classes during pregnancy, birth doula service package includes breastfeeding classes, home visits and telephone counseling, Service area: Northern Chicago suburbs and WI / IL state line area.
- Chicagoland Breastfeeding (Sheila Zagone BA, IBCLC, RLC, Beth Bejnarowicz, BA, IBCLC, RLC, CLS, PCD(DONA), Tracy Torgerson MS, IBCLC, RLC) website: www.chicagolandbreastfeeding.com email: firstname.lastname@example.org phone: 1-888-570-3878 Service area: Chicago, Chicago area, Chicago’s near and far Suburbs and southern Wisconsin Services: We provide expert support, help and information with our combined experience in lactation of over 53 years.
- BB Babies (Beth Bejnarowicz BA, IBCLC, RLC, CLS, PCD(DONA)) website: www.bbbabies.org email: email@example.com phone: 847-987-8079 Service area: Northwest Suburbs and Far Northwest Suburbs and surrounding areas (including Barrington and Lake Zurich) Services: Provides expert, experienced and empathetic in-home expert IBCLC lactation consultant support, or postpartum doula support (includes lactation support), and in-home private prenatal breastfeeding classes and returning to work and continuing to breastfeed classes.
- Alison Velasco, BA, IBCLC Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 847-594-2489 Service area: Evanston, Chicago and Northern Suburbs Services: home and hospital visits, private classes and postpartum doula support (English and Spanish speaking).
- New Mother New Baby (Gail Macklin, RN, BSN, IBCLC) website: www.newmothernewbaby.com email: email@example.com phone: 847-272-1500 Service area: onsite in their Northbrook store Services: We are the largest lactation center in the Chicago Area offering many types of lactation services to moms in Chicago and suburbs including on-site Lactation Consultations, Breastfeeding Support Groups, Twins groups, Corporate Lactation, Pump Rentals, sales and parts etc. We cater to the plus size or full figure mom and have a great assortment of bras and nursing tops for all sizes. We are also the only Certified Nursing Center in IL. We staff LC’s onsite 7 days a week.
- Lactation Partners (Kathy Lipke, RN, BSN, IBCLC, Judy Teibloom-Mishkin, RN, BSN, IBCLC, Elizabeth Sjoblom, RN, BSN, IBCLC and Joan Kessler, RN, LCCE, CLS.), website: www.lactationpartners.com phone: 847-679-5358 service area: the city of Chicago including the west & south loop, the northern suburbs to Lake Forest, and west to Arlington Heights Services: We each have more than 20 years of practice as board certified lactation consultants & maternal-child nurses; we provide expert support in all matters of lactation as well as postpartum support, transition to motherhood, and newborn care. Our goal is to promote new families’ growth and development in their early days at home, support maternal choice, and nurture new parents so they are available to their newborns. We promote the physical, emotional, and spiritual health of new mothers and families and support the process of attachment between parents and their newborns.
- Currently Breastfeeding Lactation Services (Jennifer Anderson, BA, IBCLC, RLC) website: www.currentlybreastfeeding.com email: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com phone: 847-284-4482 service area: NW suburbs, including Roselle, Schaumburg, and surrounding areas. services: home visits, phone consultations, private or group classes, workplace lactation, back-to-work counseling, and employer support.
- Birthways (Karen Laing, IBCLC and Mary Jozwiak, IBCLC) Website: www.birthwaysinc.com email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: 888-506-0607, serving: entire Chicagoland region, including far northern and western suburbs, services: home visits (english and spanish speaking); weekly breastfeeding clinic; private and group classes; postpartum doula care with lactation focus; labor doula care; support for mothers experiencing perinatal mood disorders; breastpump rental.
- APL Lactation Services (Karen Dickert, RN, IBCLC, LCCE, and Patricia Tomlinson RN, IBCLC, RLC) Website: apllactationservices.com. Email: Karen@arlingtonpediatrics.com and email@example.com. 847-398-0434. Service Area: Northwest suburbs of Chicago, Chicago and surrounding areas. Services: Outpatient consultations, phone consultations, bra fittings/sales, pump rental, sale of breastfeeding supplies. We also offer: weekly mother’s support group , monthly Working Mother’s Class, Monthly Prenatal Breastfeeding Class, and starting in February, 2014 Lamaze classes. Karen and Pat have over 50 years combined lactation consultation experience. Karen is also a Lamaze International certified childbirth educator, and a fellow in the College of Childbirth Education.
- J.O.C. Lactation Consultants (Jane O’ Connor, RN, BSN, MEd, IBCLC), website: www.joclactation.com phone: 773-508-1767 service area: the city of Chicago, services: J.O.C. Lactation Consultants are committed to assisting and supporting parents with their decision to breastfeed their baby. Services are provided in the home by a registered nurse certified as a lactation consultant. Through instruction, hands-on assistance, and follow-up support, parents are provided with the tools and skills to confidently feed their baby. In addition to home visits, J.O.C. also offers a prenatal class, group lactation consultation and breastfeeding support group for ongoing support throughout the breastfeeding experience.
- Mother’s Joy (Deborah Schy, RNC-OB, C-EFM, IBCLC, CIMI, APN/CNS) email: firstname.lastname@example.org phone: 847-405-9249 service area: Northern & Northwestern Suburbs, within a 20 mile radius of Deerfield, IL services/specialties: Lactation consultations in home. Also private classes for prenatal breastfeeding and returning to work and breastfeeding. Corporate lactation services provided since 1994. My goal is to help each new mother meet her goals. I also rent hospital grade electric breastpumps.
- Jill Rabin (M.S. CCC-SLP/L IBCLC Pediatric Speech Pathologist/Lactation Consultant) email: email@example.com phone: 773-720-3051 service area: North suburbs services/specialties: Assisting babies at medical risk or with special needs to breastfeed, e.g. preemies, Down Syndrome, etc. Also see babies with structural or functional feeding issues (tongue ties) and feeding aversion.
- Healthy Babies Inc (Lisy Peters, RN, MS, IBCLC) Website: www.healthybabiesinc.com Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 847 583 0499 Service area: Office and Home services Services/Specialties: Breastfeeding services and supplies, Hospital grade pump rental, Free breastpump for medicaid customers. Accepts medicaid for services.
- Angela Jacobi (RN,MN,IBCLC,FILCA) email: email@example.com phone number: 773-870-2294 service area: downtown Chicago, northside Chicago, Evanston, Skokie, or other northern or northwestern suburbs specialities: breastfeeding home visits to assist with feeding on breast or bottle if necessary.
- Cygnus Lactation Services (Jeanne Cygnus, IBCLC, RLC & Kelly Sviatko, IBCLC, RLC) website: cygnuslactation.com
Services: Offering consults in Mundelein office, distance counseling, classes and a wide variety of accessories, supplies and nursing bras! We also have the following meetings: LLL, Breastfeeding USA, Lake County AP and Babywearers. New
meetings are always being offered, check our website for announcements!
- Juli Billings Walter (IBCLC) website: www.juliwalter.com email: firstname.lastname@example.org phone: 773-876-7014 service area: Chicago and nearby suburbs services: I am the mother of 5. I have been a private practice lactation consultant since 2007. I like to help mothers and babies with accurate up to date breastfeeding information, so that mothers can meet their personal breastfeeding goals.
- Laura Coulter Lactation, (Laura Coulter, CNM, MS, IBCLC). email: email@example.com phone: 312 320 3996. Assisting mothers to breastfeed with confidence – anytime, anywhere. Serving: Home consultations in the city of Chicago. Also providing phone consultations and low-cost drop in clinic twice per month at Kelly Chiropractic, 4322 N. Lincoln Ave. Please call in advance to check schedule.
- Lactation Education Services (Katy Lebbing, BS, IBCLC, RLC, Sue Prado, BA, LLLL, Sheila Zagone, BA, IBCLC, RLC, Tracy Torgerson, MS, IBCLC, RLC) website: www.lactationeducationservices.com phone: 630-833-1248 email: firstname.lastname@example.org service area: Western suburbs of Chicago services: Home visits, Office visits. Prenatal Breastfeeding Classes, Working and Breastfeeding Classes, Hospital grade pumps and pump parts, Lactation Supplies
- Lactation Services at OMG Women’s Healthcare (Katie Martinson RN, BSN, IBCLC, CCE) website: omgwh.com email: email@example.com phone: (work) 630/920-1347 service area: The clinic is held in an OB/Midwife office, but open to anyone services/specialties: Monday night lactation clinic by appointment.
- Makana Breastfeeding (Melissa Preitauer, IBCLC) Website: http://makanabreastfeeding.com/ Phone: 773-575-2629 email: Melissa@Makanabreastfeeding.com Service area: Naperville and surrounding suburbs.
Answering your breastfeeding questions and concerns from pregnancy through weaning and everything in between! I am skilled at assessing breastfeeding issues and my goal is to help you create a breastfeeding experience that works best for you and your family! Consultations in your home, over the phone, or Skype.
- The Mother’s Milk Company (Barbara Hardin, RN, RLC, IBCLC, Jean Vondriska, MEd, IBCLC, Juli Walter, IBCLC) Website: www.mothersmilkco.com email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 773.595.5593 In-home Consultations. Serving the City of Chicago and Suburbs since 1988. Helping mothers and babies achieve their best breastfeeding experience through professional support, education and individualized care. See our reviews on Yelp!
- Mothers Express (Assunta Osterholt, BS, IBCLC, Doula) phone: 708/756-3640 email: email@example.com serving: Chicago South, Southern Suburbs, and Northwest Indiana. services: I have been helping moms for over 25 years in hospitals, clinics, and homes. Lactation Consultations, breastpump rentals and sales. Labor and Postpartum doula services. My doula studies come from Chicago Health Connect-One, The Farm, and Maternidad La Luz. I speak English, Italian and Spanish.
- Palace of Mommies Milk ™ (Angelique Muhammad,MSN,RN,IBCLC) www.palaceofmommiesmilk.com email firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 773-798-3086 Service area: Most of City of Chicago and surrounding suburbs; Oak Lawn, Evergreen Park, Oak Park, Forest Park, and River forest. Services: Welcome to Palace of Mommies Milk ™ where we care for the mother so she can care for her baby. Our Motto “Common Love Common Expression. We provide complimentary prenatal lactation consultations (see website Palace services for details), post-delivery Lactation Consultations, breastfeeding support products/intimate breastfeeding apparel and our weekly Blog “Expressions in the Palace.”
If you are a board-certified lactation consultant, please contact us so that we can list you. There is no fee for this listing. email@example.com
IBCLC Appointments @ Physician’s Offices:
- North Suburbs: New Mother, New Baby IBCLC lactation consultants see moms and babies two Lake Forest Pediatric Associates locations: Lake Bluff and Vernon Hills. Please call to schedule your appointment: 847-272-1500. Regular (long) and short visits available. Patients are seen in Lake Bluff on 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of each months from 10:30am-12:30pm and in Vernon Hills on the 2nd and 4th Fridays of each month from 10:30am-12:30pm. These are not drop-in clinics; please call to schedule your appointment.
- North and Northwest Suburbs: PediaTrust Lactation Services (Paula Fonger, RN, BSN, IBCLC firstname.lastname@example.org and Barb Wrate, RNC, IBCLC) offer outpatient lactation consultations at three PediaTrust locations: Fairview Pediatrics in Grayslake, Highland Park Pediatrics in Highland Park and Elm Street Pediatrics in Winnetka. We also offer a monthly Prenatal Breastfeeding Class the 2nd Tuesday evening of each month.Medela breast pump rentals, sales and limited supplies are also available. Please call 847-579-9237 to schedule an appointment or to register for the class.
- Western Suburbs: Carol Chamblin, RN, APN, IBCLC sees moms and babies at several DuPage Medical Group locations: St. Charles, Elmhurst, and Naperville. By MD-referral, in-office only.
Northwest Suburbs: Arlington Pediatrics, Ltd IBCLC lactation consultants see moms and babies within Arlington Pediatrics office location, however you do not have to be an APL client to see the lactation consultants. Please call to schedule your appointment: 847-398-0434. Other services offered through this location include: prenatal breastfeeding classes, mother’s support groups, returning to work classes, phone consultations, breast pump rental/sales, weight checks and bra fittings. Karen Dickert, RN, IBCLC and Pat Tomlinson, RN, IBCLC each have over 30 years experience caring for new mother’s. Please call today to schedule your outpatient appointment or register for a class. See website for more details: www.apllactationservices.com