Lactation consultants are the backbone of breastfeeding support. They are knowledgeable, experienced and empathetic toward the new mother’s needs. A good lactation consultant is worth her weight in gold (and much cheaper than buying formula for a year!).
We have compiled a list of board-certified (IBCLC) lactation consultants that serve the Chicago area. This listing is not an endorsement of any particular professionals; it is simply a resource list. Be sure to do your homework and interview before you hire!
- Breastfeeding and Parenting Solutions (Patricia Berg-Drazin. RLC, IBCLC, CST) Website: www.breastfeedingandparentingsolutions.com email: email@example.com phone: 800 LACTATE/ 800 522 8283 Serving: Most of Chicagoland: As far north as Zion/Benton, as far south as Hyde Park, and as far west as Palatine Services: lactation consultant, certified craniosacral therapist, trained in lymphatic drainage and visceral manipulation.
- The Art of Breastfeeding (Cynthia Guzman, IBCLC, RLC and Peggy Healy, LSW, IBCLC, RLC) Website: www.artofbreastfeeding.com e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com phone: 773-420-7524 Service area: Chicago and surrounding suburbs – Chicago: all of the Northside, Loop and West/South Loop, suburbs: north to around Wilmette, northwest to Arlington Heights, southwest to Elmhurst, and south to Oak Park/Forest Park Services: home visits, phone consultations, pump rentals and sales, bra sales (we’re trying to clear out our inventory, so bras are currently ON SALE until we don’t have any left). We specialize in breastfeeding support, working to connect moms with their babies through breastfeeding. Peggy is also a perinatal social worker, and Cyndi is an energy healer and child/parent mentor.
- Nurturing Transitions: Lactation Consultation and Birth Doula Services (Marcia Barritt CLC, IBCLC, RLC, CD (DONA), ICEA ICD ICCE, LCCE.) e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, phones: (262) 782-6814 H. # and (262) 853- 6267 C.#, Specialty area: general breastfeeding support, establishing milk supply, returning to work, first few days after birth, planning your birth to ensure breastfeeding will go well, telephone counseling and home visits with mama and baby, independent breastfeeding classes during pregnancy, birth doula service package includes breastfeeding classes, home visits and telephone counseling, Service area: Northern Chicago suburbs and WI / IL state line area.
- Chicagoland Breastfeeding (Sheila Zagone BA, IBCLC, RLC, Beth Bejnarowicz, BA, IBCLC, RLC, CLS, PCD(DONA), Tracy Torgerson MS, IBCLC, RLC) website: www.chicagolandbreastfeeding.com email: email@example.com phone: 1-888-570-3878 Service area: Chicago, Chicago area, Chicago’s near and far Suburbs and southern Wisconsin Services: We provide expert support, help and information with our combined experience in lactation of over 53 years.
- BB Babies (Beth Bejnarowicz BA, IBCLC, RLC, CLS, PCD(DONA)) website: www.bbbabies.org email: firstname.lastname@example.org phone:
847-987-8079 Service area: 35 miles surrounding the Lake Zurich and Barrington, Illinois areas Services: Provides expert lactation support or postpartum doula support, including lactation support.
- New Mother New Baby (Gail Macklin, RN, BSN, IBCLC) website: www.newmothernewbaby.com email: email@example.com phone: 847-272-1500 Service area: onsite in their Northbrook store Services: We are the largest lactation center in the Chicago Area offering many types of lactation services to moms in Chicago and suburbs including on-site Lactation Consultations, Breastfeeding Support Groups, Twins groups, Corporate Lactation, Pump Rentals, sales and parts etc. We cater to the plus size or full figure mom and have a great assortment of bras and nursing tops for all sizes. We are also the only Certified Nursing Center in IL. We staff LC’s onsite 7 days a week.
- Lactation Partners (Kathy Lipke, RN, BSN, IBCLC & Judy Teibloom-Mishkin, RN, BSN, IBCLC), website: www.lactationpartners.com phone: 847-679-5358 service area: the city of Chicago including the west & south loop, the northern suburbs to Lake Forest, and west to Arlington Heights Services: We each have more than 20 years of practice as board certified lactation consultants & maternal-child nurses; we provide expert support in all matters of lactation as well as postpartum support, transition to motherhood, and newborn care. Our goal is to promote new families’ growth and development in their early days at home, support maternal choice, and nurture new parents so they are available to their newborns. We promote the physical, emotional, and spiritual health of new mothers and families and support the process of attachment between parents and their newborns.
- Lactation Education Services (Katy Lebbing, BS, IBCLC, RLC, Sue Prado, BA, LLLL, Sheila Zagone, BA, IBCLC, RLC, Tracy Torgerson, MS, IBCLC, RLC) website: www.lactationeducationservices.com phone: 630-833-1248 email: firstname.lastname@example.org service area: Western suburbs of Chicago services: Home visits, Office visits. Prenatal Breastfeeding Classes, Working and Breastfeeding Classes, Hospital grade pumps and pump parts, Lactation Supplies
- Currently Breastfeeding Lactation Services (Jennifer Anderson, BA, IBCLC, RLC) website: www.currentlybreastfeeding.com email: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org phone: 847-284-4482 service area: NW suburbs, including Roselle, Schaumburg, and surrounding areas. services: home visits, phone consultations, private or group classes, workplace lactation, back-to-work counseling, and employer support.
- Mothers Express (Assunta Osterholt, BS, IBCLC, Doula) phone: 708/756-3640 email: email@example.com serving: Chicago South, Southern Suburbs, and Northwest Indiana. services: I have been helping moms for over 25 years in hospitals, clinics, and homes. Lactation Consultations, breastpump rentals and sales. Labor and Postpartum doula services. My doula studies come from Chicago Health Connect-One, The Farm, and Maternidad La Luz. I speak English, Italian and Spanish.
- Palace of Mommies Milk ™ (Angelique Muhammad,MSN,RN,IBCLC) www.palaceofmommiesmilk.com email firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 773-798-3086 Service area: Most of City of Chicago and surrounding suburbs; Oak Lawn, Evergreen Park, Oak Park, Forest Park, and River forest. Services: Welcome to Palace of Mommies Milk ™ where we care for the mother so she can care for her baby. Our Motto “Common Love Common Expression. We provide complimentary prenatal lactation consultations (see website Palace services for details), post-delivery Lactation Consultations, breastfeeding support products/intimate breastfeeding apparel and our weekly Blog “Expressions in the Palace.”
- Birthways (Karen Laing, IBCLC, Alison Velasco, IBCLC, and Mary Jozwiak, IBCLC) Website: www.birthwaysinc.com
email: email@example.com, phone: 888-506-0607, serving: entire Chicagoland region, including far northern and western suburbs, services: home visits (english and spanish speaking); weekly breastfeeding clinic; private and group classes; postpartum doula care with lactation focus; labor doula care; support for mothers experiencing perinatal mood
disorders; breastpump rental
The Mother’s Milk Company (Barbara Hardin, RN, RLC, IBCLC, Jean Vondriska, MEd, IBCLC, Juli Walter, IBCLC) Website: www.mothersmilkco.com email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 773.595.5593 In-home Consultations. Serving the City of Chicago and Suburbs since 1988. Helping mothers and babies achieve their best breastfeeding experience through professional support, education and individualized care. See our reviews on Yelp!
- Jill Rabin (M.S. CCC-SLP/L IBCLC Pediatric Speech Pathologist/Lactation Consultant) email: email@example.com
phone: 773-720-3051 service area: North suburbs services/specialties: Assisting babies at medical risk or with special needs to breastfeed, e.g. premies, Down Syndrome, etc. Also see babies with structural or functional feeding issues (tongue ties) and feeding aversion.
- Healthy babies Inc (Lisy Peters, RN, MS, IBCLC) Website: www.healthybabiesinc.com Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 847 583 0499 Service area: Office and Home services
Services/Specialties: Breastfeeding services and supplies, Hospital grade pump rental, Free breastpump for medicaid customers, Accept medicaid for services
- Angela Jacobi (RN,MN,IBCLC,FILCA) email: email@example.com phone number: 773-870-2294 service area: downtown Chicago, northside Chicago, Evanston, Skokie, or other northern or northwestern suburbs specialities: breastfeeding home visits to assist with feeding on breast or bottle if necessary.
- Lactation Services at OMG Women’s Healthcare (Katie Martinson RN, BSN, IBCLC, CCE) website: omgwh.com email: firstname.lastname@example.org phone: (work) 630/920-1347 service area: The clinic is held in an OB/Midwife office, but open to anyone services/specialties: Monday night lactation clinic by appointment
- J.O.C. Lactation Consultants (Jane O’ Connor, RN, BSN, MEd, IBCLC & Laura Coulter RN MS IBCLC), website: www.joclactation.com phone: 773-508-1767 service area: the city of Chicago, services: J.O.C. Lactation Consultants are committed to assisting and supporting parents with their decision to breastfeed their baby. Services are provided in the home by a registered nurse certified as a lactation consultant. Through instruction, hands-on assistance, and follow-up support, parents are provided with the tools and skills to confidently feed their baby. In addition to home visits, J.O.C. also offers a prenatal class, group lactation consultation and breastfeeding support group for ongoing support throughout the breastfeeding experience.
- Mother’s Joy (Deborah Schy, RNC-OB, C-EFM, IBCLC, CIMI, APN/CNS) email: email@example.com phone: 847-405-9249 service area: Northern & Northwestern Suburbs, within a 20 mile radius of Deerfield, IL
services/specialties: Lactation consultations in home. Also private classes for prenatal breastfeeding and returning to work and breastfeeding. Corporate lactation services provided since 1994. My goal is to help each new mother meet her goals. I also rent hospital grade electric breastpumps.
- Cygnus Lactation Services (Jeanne Cygnus, IBCLC, RLC & Kelly Sviatko, IBCLC, RLC) website: cygnuslactation.com
Services: Offering consults in Mundelein office, distance counseling, classes and a wide variety of accessories, supplies and nursing bras! We also have the following meetings: LLL, Breastfeeding USA, Lake County AP and Babywearers. New
meetings are always being offered, check our website for announcements!
- Juli Billings Walter (IBCLC) website: www.juliwalter.com email: firstname.lastname@example.org phone: 773-876-7014 service area: Chicago and nearby suburbs services: I am the mother of 5. I have been a private practice lactation consultant since 2007. I like to help mothers and babies with accurate up to date breastfeeding information, so that mothers can meet their personal breastfeeding goals.
If you are a board-certified lactation consultant, please contact us so that we can list you. There is no fee for this listing. email@example.com